Terroir & Vineyard Information
- Grapes : 100 % gamay.
- Certification: Terra Vitis. The label for a thoughtful and environmentally conscious management.
- Local soil : Porous, decomposed granite with veins of manganese shale. The hillside parcels are exposed to the south, at an average altitude of 320 meters (1050 feet).
- Surface area : 8 hectares of vines aged 50 years and more with a very high density of 9000 vines / ha. Traditional goblet pruning method.
- Yield : 48 hL / hectare, equivalent to 6 400 bouteilles per hectare
- Harvest : September Manual harvest at full maturity, by a team of 20- 25 people. Maturation and hygiene are strictly controlled before and during harvest.
Winemaking & maturing
- Vinification: in whole harvest (berries + stalks), long fermentation (15 to 20 days) with pumping over and punching down. No thermovinification to ensure excellent aging potential.
- Maturing : in concrete tank for 6 months in cellar. Storage in inert tank at the end of aging.
- Color: Beautiful deep ruby colour.
- Nose: frank, revealing aromas of red berries.
- Palate: Fine tannins.
Presence of fresh fruit, raspberry, blackcurrant, cherry. Flavours of red fresh fruits stay long on the palate, changing to ripe fruits as the wine ages, becoming increasingly delicate after 2 or 3 years Good length in the mouth.
- Service: at 16 ° C, in decanter possibly…
- Pairing: with hot entrées, grilled meat, red and white roasts, fish and soft cheeses.