Guide DVE 91/100
Terroir & Vineyard Information
- Grapes : 100 % gamay.
- Certification: Terra Vitis. The label for a thoughtful and environmentally conscious management.
- Local soil : Porous, decomposed granite with veins of manganese shale. The hillside parcels are exposed to the south, at an average altitude of 320 meters (1050 feet).
- Surface area : 8 hectares of vines aged 50 years and more with a very high density of 9000 vines / ha. Traditional goblet pruning method.
- Yield: 48 hL / hectare, equivalent to 6 400 bouteilles per hectare
- Harvest : September Manual harvest at full maturity, by a team of 20- 25 people. Maturation and hygiene are strictly controlled before and during harvest.
Winemaking & maturing
- Vinification: selection of the best plots of land on the Domaine.
Wine-making: Semi-carbonic maceration in whole bunch of grapes (berries+ stalks) with strictly controlled temperatures to preserve fruity flavours. No thermovinification to ensure excellent aging potential.
- Maturing: 8 to 10 months in French oak barrels from 1 to 8 years old.
Storage in inert tank at the end of aging, prior to bottling.
- Color: deep ruby color
Nose: spicy and vanilla, morello cherry and under wood.
- Palate: Fine tannins. Long on the palate with an exquisite finish. The secondary aromas develop after 12 to 16 months. The red fruits (raspberry, black current, cherry), characteristic of the Morgon appellation, are much in evidence. Ripe fruits, cocoa, wood smoke and spices will come with further ageing.
- Service: at 18 ° C after carafe.
- Pairing: an excellent accompaniment to red meat, venison, game birds, spicy dishes. Excellent with matured cheeses.