Guide DVE 91/100
Terroir & Vineyard Information
- Grapes : 100 % gamay.
- Certification: Terra Vitis. The label for a thoughtful and environmentally conscious management.
- Local soil : Porous, decomposed granite with veins of manganese shale. The hillside parcels are exposed to the south, at an average altitude of 320 meters (1050 feet).
- Surface area : 1.5 hectares (3.4 acres) of vines aged 70 years and more with a very high density of 9000 vines / ha. Traditional goblet pruning method.
- Yield : 40 hL / hectare, equivalent to 5 300 bottles per hectare
- Harvest : September Manual harvest at full maturity, by a team of 20-25 people. Maturation and hygiene are strictly controlled before and during harvest.
Winemaking & maturing
- Wine-making : Semi-carbonic maceration in whole bunch of grapes (berries + stalks) with strictly controlled temperatures to preserve fruity flavours
Long fermentation (15 to 20 days) with pumping over and punching to ensure perfect colour and refined tannins. No thermovinification to ensure excellent aging potential.
- Maturing: In large oak barrels between 12 and 18 months Storage in inert tank at the end of aging, prior to bottling.
- Color: deep ruby color
Nose: frank, revealing aromas of red fruits
- Palate : long on the palate.
Rich in tannins. The red fruits (raspberry, blackcurrant, cherry), characteristic of Morgon appellation, are very evident. Development of secondary aromas after 12 to 16 months. Very good length in the mouth.
- Service: at 16 ° C, in decanter possibly…
- Pairing : casseroles, stew, roast beef or veal.
Goat cheeses and Roquefort.will perfectly match the power and richness of this wine.